Ejemplo de Uso de “Much”, “Many” y “a lot of”
Las expresiones en inglés “much”, “many” y “a lot of”, se traducen en español como mucho, mucha, muchos, muchas; y por su contexto muchas veces se confunden en su uso.
Much se usa con los sustantivos incontables, con cantidades desconocidas, sobre todo en la forma interrogativa y negativa, con cosas que no se pueden contabilizar, por lo menos a primera vista, y con los sustantivos colectivos, que no admiten plural.
Ejemplos del uso de much:
- I have eated much sugar along my life.
- Much people walked daily in Madison Square.
- There are much factories in the world.
- I wish to make much money in my life.
- My tears for you are as much as drops in the sea.
- How much cost a lot of diamonds?
- Thanks for the meat. How much is it?
- Sometimes I spent much time daydreaming.
- If you knew how much I wish stay here.
- He never drinks much coffee.
- Is there much milk in the pitcher?
- Is raining too much.
- Stop! You smoke too much cigarettes!
- Doesn’t he spend much money in beer?
- There were much people in the meeting.
Many es utilizado con los sustantivos plurales y con cantidades conocidas o que se pueden determinar rápidamente.
Ejemplos el uso de many.
- How many kids came at class?
- How many times have knocked the door?
- Many of my friends are lawyers.
- Many boxes were broken.
- Many examples are questions.
- I play basketball many times a week.
- I have done many marks in your document.
- How many employers have your enterprise?
- My keyboard has many key that I don’t use.
- We go to school many days a week.
- Perhaps many of those kids become a genius.
- Many musicians I meet play the piano.
- Many numbers are divisible exactly only by one and itself. They called prime numbers.
- There are much English language pages, and many are easy to read.
- Many pages of that book are bad impressed.
A lot of es una expresión que se puede usar indistintamente en lugar de much o de many. “A lot of” también se puede traducir como muchos, un montón de, demasiados. “A lot of” se usa cuando se tiene duda de usar “much” o “many”. “A lot of” va seguido de un sustantivo, en caso contrario se quita el “of”.
Ejemplos de uso de A lot of:
- Oh, God! There were a lot of people in the office.
- A lot of books in the library are of English grammar.
- I’ve a lot of pending work.
- There are a lot of examples in this page.
- With your jokes, I laugh a lot.
- That’s the trouble; he always thinks everything a lot.
- I ever use much and many, a lot of times.
- How many years you age? I don’t remember, but is a lot.
- The homework contains a lot of exercises.
- One day I will have a lot of books, a lot.
- A lot of children come to their party.
- Sometimes I have a lot of mistakes.
- There are a lot of factories.
- My keyboard has a lot of keys that I don’t use.
- I saw a lot of rare birds in the zoo.
- In this year were a lot of rainy days.
- I’m very tired. I will spend a lot of time in bed.
Citado APA: (A. 2012,12. Ejemplo de Uso de “Much”, “Many” y “a lot of”. Revista Ejemplode.com. Obtenido 12, 2012, de http://www.ejemplode.com/6-ingles/2510-ejemplo_de_uso_de_much,_many_y_a_lot_of.html)